By Dean Kowalski
Group Group Posts Group Group
Welcome to Stranded in Crete on the Zakros tribe! Hopefully you're hitting it off with the rest of your tribe, because for the next few weeks, they'll determine your fate in this game.

We encourage you to share whatever you like with us in your confessionals. We want to know what's made you laugh, cry, and angered. This is YOUR space! Only hosts and lurkers (fellow alumni) can see this, none of the other castaways can see this.

Here are some questions to get you started.
  1. How are you feeling, finally starting this game?
  2. What are your first impressions of your fellow tribemates? Who are you connecting with most so far? Is there anyone on your tribe you could do without?
  3. After getting to know your tribe for a little bit, how do you see your strategy over the next couple of days? Are you hoping to create alliances or go with the flow? Has something changed from your pre-season strategy, or do you still plan to try out what you've planned before?
  4. The first tribal is Sunday night, and it is a doozy! Are there plans in place for elimination already? Are you leading the charge for someone to go, or are you taking a back seat?

Dean Kowalski

• Host
  • Awards: Group Group Posts Group Group
By Jay
With idol clues, how do we get another clue? Is it by correctly guessing what the first clue is? Or is that forum for the idol itself? 

Jay

• Lato Tribe

Lato Tribe
  • Awards: Posts
By Jay
Dean Kowalski wrote:Welcome to Stranded in Crete on the Zakros tribe! Hopefully you're hitting it off with the rest of your tribe, because for the next few weeks, they'll determine your fate in this game.

We encourage you to share whatever you like with us in your confessionals. We want to know what's made you laugh, cry, and angered. This is YOUR space! Only hosts and lurkers (fellow alumni) can see this, none of the other castaways can see this.

Here are some questions to get you started.
  1. How are you feeling, finally starting this game?
  2. What are your first impressions of your fellow tribemates? Who are you connecting with most so far? Is there anyone on your tribe you could do without?
  3. After getting to know your tribe for a little bit, how do you see your strategy over the next couple of days? Are you hoping to create alliances or go with the flow? Has something changed from your pre-season strategy, or do you still plan to try out what you've planned before?
  4. The first tribal is Sunday night, and it is a doozy! Are there plans in place for elimination already? Are you leading the charge for someone to go, or are you taking a back seat?
Well whew what an honour to be in the game, hopefully I can live up to the icons that have passed before me. Feelin excited, not really that nervous tbh, already just loosenin up round these guys, it's been a fun first avo. 

Impressions, impressions. I felt like I got a good rapport with a coupla people, might go through them one by one. I'll start with CeCe first of all. CeCe, I feel like I can trust, like on a game level. Like we melded pretty good personal level wise, like we're both international with different timezones and shit, she's also a student atm. But also she was like the first person I had a game conversation with where like it kinda just naturally came up and we just like agreed upon the fact that we have each other's back. Which is sick. She's def like my most valued relationship at the minute. Michelle is an absolute blast to be around, haven't talked much game with her as of yet, which is good bc I don't usually talk a lot of game day 1.    We're working on converting each other into Caustralians...Canadian Australians ig, cause we do be quirky :P. Super easy going though, and can keep a convo goin. Taylor feels like def a person you can have fun with and have a laugh with. I'm not sure strategically how he'll play, which is fine, but he's really laid-back and got the same sense of humour as me pre much which is sick. Rachel gives me wildcard vibes. But she's a fun wildcard, and she actually did an English major, which is amazing I can basically just copy all her assignments :crazy:. Nah but we bonded pre well she's kinda like out there in her style of communication which I love, I vibe with it a lot, so that's pre fun. Paul is like pretty down to earth, which is cool, he did a Bachelor of Arts, like me, which is kinda sick so can grab his assignments too :P. Naw but he seems like a really, like sensible figure, seems to be pretty comfortable being a leader, which is fine by me, as long as he ain't leading us into a fire pit one by one. There's an obvious reference here but I'm not gonna make it :P. Anyways ya, Bret, Michaela and Ken I haven't talked to yet. And Jessica..exists?? Like idk she's sweet, but kinda dry. That's the vibe I get. Also too busy looking for an idol to talk to me apparently sew :sleep:.

My strategy, eh, go with the flow for now. There's certain people that I wouldn't want to go home at this point, but I think just like based on activity one of the easier boots would be Bret/Michaela/Ken. Who knows though, that can change. I'm just working purely social game at this point, listening, forming good, reliable bonds with people so that I can have a good footing moving forward. Long-term my strategy gonna change depending on my situation, but like here's the thing with my game style right, I'm big on pathing. Very analytical (no fuck off I'm not a gamebot :barf:). Step 1: Create as many paths forward in the game as possible. Step 2: Use the best path. Simples B). 

As the great Ross Clarke-Jones said, "I dunno, I'm just a no-plan plan". If y'all don't know what I mean, watch Australian Survivor. It's great. Anyway no plans yet, and I don't plan on creating any, because I feel like if I play it right then things will sorta lean into how I want them to go anyway? I mean like Michaela, Bret and Ken haven't been online all day pre much so they don't have much social capital at the moment. However I am absolutely keeping my options completely open, and I'm defo like keeping pretty tight-lipped about my preferences at this point, mainly because they're not set in stone, and I'm not coming off as wishy washy, no shot. So ya, I'll keep ranting in here as the round progresses.

:)
Jordan, Dean Kowalski liked this

Jay

• Lato Tribe

Lato Tribe
By Jay
Ok Ken is a gamebot bahaha the first thing he says to me after I explained the challenge is 'Have you managed to talk to anyone yet?'

Jay

• Lato Tribe

Lato Tribe
By Jay
Alright I take back the Ken gamebot comment haha, we had a really good convo, just gettin to know each other. I get the read that he's not actually intentionally information fishing, just got caught out doing it naturally. That's the read I get anyway. Could be wrong. Either way, not giving him much at the momento. Feeling pretty chill atm. In fact, forget DK chillin (get ready to cringe). It's DJay chillin baby :cool:. I can feel the dislikes coming already bahaha. 
Michael Snow liked this

Jay

• Lato Tribe

Lato Tribe
By Jay
Ok I legit cannot figure out smileys haha. Also, kids can be super loud sometimes. Was just running a time trial, right, and like it's cool to see them cheering their mates on and all that, I get behind it but dear me some of em have one hell of a set of vocal chords.
Jordan, Dean Kowalski liked this

Jay

• Lato Tribe

Lato Tribe
By Jay
Jeff
Dean Kowalski" wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:10:50 am
In fact, forget DK chillin
Never forget me :cool:
Unforgettable tbf
testing to see if I can frame someone for quoting something they didn't :curious:, in case somethin pops up later

Jay

• Lato Tribe

Lato Tribe
By Jay
First official 'alliance' in CeCe, she approached me with it tonight and I was like hell yeah. I'm gonna have to see how connected she is, but she's 100% my most trusted at the moment. 

Jay

• Lato Tribe

Lato Tribe
By Jay
G’day lurkers, hope y’all doin well. So some mad tea right now. There’s already a final 3 in Michelle, Paul and rachel. So I put my best acting shoes on and said to Michelle oh my god who’s making final 3’s so early and called them gamebots lmfaooo I bet she was pissed but she played along, which now let’s me know I can’t trust Michelle, schneaky bugger. Gonna spread this to ken and Tay. Also I got this from CeCe, she’s great.

Jay

• Lato Tribe

Lato Tribe
By Jay
I’m thinking now, wouldn’t it be incredibly..poetic, if I stole rachel’s necklace, and make her first boot again... now that’s tea.

Jay

• Lato Tribe

Lato Tribe
By Jay
Ok so here's some updates for y'all. We got like blueprints for this six some alliance right, with me, CeCe and Ken as the core, and then we each bring someone in so CeCe brings in Jessica, I bring in Tay, and then Ken brings in Bret. We form this sixsome, take out whoever we want. I trust Ken, CeCe and Tay. Bret, ehhhh he's pretty like, well, comes off as fake. But that could just be who he is. Tryna work out which one it is. Maybe smarmy is the better word. But yeah, Jessica, I mean, she's there I guess. Michaela threw CeCe's name out there, so I think she'd be the first to go. Might try get a united front.

Jay

• Lato Tribe

Lato Tribe
By Jay
Buckle up y'all, moves are aboutta be made and I'm bloody excited about it. So, from the LOOKS of it, the shapings of a plan to get out Michelle are forming, including myself, CeCe, Ken, Bret, Jessica and Tay. Paul, Michelle and Rachel made a big mistake making an alliance and not sharing the tea with me??? And then Michelle barefaced lied about it hahaha. The thing is with Michelle right, she's a great social player. In fact she's doing what I'm doing, I've noticed from my convos with her. She's a melder. In my convos I've sorta tried to meld my tone, diction, language, all of that good stuff to suit the person I'm talking to. From my convos with her I feel like she's doing the same. Which is actually why, right off the bat I got a really, really good vibe from her. But then you look back, and see, wait, ok nah Mich be a player. So yeah, it's good to get a player like that early, because I'll never be able to fully trust anything she's saying.

:)

Jay

• Lato Tribe

Lato Tribe
By Jay
Observing some patterns in online time from the other tribe

Threats, both on a social level and activity level are def James and Domenick, they're both on super often, and obviously Dom and James were both last two.

Wendell, Domenick and Laurel are all on usually when I'm on pretty late at night, so I'm pretty sure that Lato Big 4 will have at least a couple of Wendell, Domenick, James, Laurel, perhaps even all four? This is reaching a lot, but I feel like I could be onto something there. Will have to see dynamics wise when we come to a swap, or just the results of the next few tribals.

Jay

• Lato Tribe

Lato Tribe
By Jay
Also low-key kinda glad I didn't win that challenge, wish that Rachel didn't win obviously, would've liked to see something happen there, but alas. But yea, like I think winning that challenge just screams at a swap situation, "HEY! HEY! YEAH FUCK YOU, YOU'RE A BIG THREAT, GO HOME BITCH" and fuck no am I gonna go home due to that. Also im tired lol it's been a long day. I might spill sum stuff about life soon. Maybe. Depends how tired I am. Also fuck Saturday avo shifts, and I said that shit. Tires me out big time.

Jay

• Lato Tribe

Lato Tribe
By Jay
I'll talk a lil bout life tomorrow night maybe, and sorta my storeh, hosts sorta know about it already thru my interview, but yeah there's a bit more to me than initially you might think. I'll leave ya on a cliffhanger cause I need some schlep. 

A new term Michelle and I coined..gnay..goodnight mixed with gday hehe. 

Gnay :)

Jay

• Lato Tribe

Lato Tribe